Site Network: Home | A New Hope | Seattle Ingest |

Auto Bailout - Part 1

Normally I would be 100% percent against any sort of bailout of auto companies. I've thought for years that it made no sense that the U.S. government subsidized corporations who made unsafe, inferior, and environmentally harmful products. But now's our chance to change all that. This time I think we should give them money (assuming they really need it, more on that later) but with the following conditions:

  1. the fleet average mpg must be at least 35 by 2012
  2. at least 20% of new vehicles must be Hypercars by 2012
  3. at least 20% of new vehicles must be electric by 2012
  4. the top speeds of new vehicles cannot exceed 80 mph
  5. all vehicles must have front and side airbags

2 comments:

At December 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  
At February 2, 2009 at 9:56 AM mharris28 said...

Hi,

I'd like to speak with you about this blog. I've been doing some research for my own site and would like to share an interesting blog idea with you. Get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!
-Matt

mharris28@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment